Computerspecs for windows Vienna?

hNic

Vienna is probly just the test name (i.e. "Longhorn")

and if "Vienna" hits the shelves in 2 years without delay I will also accept the argument that pigs in fact CAN fly...and hell CAN freeze over...

Legend 69

There is no way to plan for it anyway, from some of the stuff microsoft have been working on (All the touchscreen table stuff) and that there going to be starting from scratch on a completely different GUI i imagine tha hardware needed is not even close to being invented yet, despite the 2009/2010 date.

20thCenturyBoy

Mark my words, they are going to change and delay just like Vista. What was Vista called in its early days? Longhorn? The name Vista wasn't around till mid 2006 I think, so whatever rumours you know now, they are going to be very different when the next OS comes out.

I don't think they were saying Longhorn was going to be the name. They said codename Longhorn. That's what they're saying about Vienna. Vienna is only the codename.

They're starting almost completely from scratch apparently. If that's true, it'll make it a completely different release then any other since at least Windows 2000. Plus, if they dump most of the code that makes up the 50 million lines for Vista, we could end up with something great. I think it's too soon to be saying it's going to be the same as Vista or any other release.

But it's probably too soon to be so optimistic like me, and it IS Microsoft...

I'm just trying to look at the best possible instance.

Last edited: