*CONCLUSION*...cleaning the inside

CraigMB

Ok after everybody help i belive i know how now......ya'll tell me if i'm right or wrong.....

1- wear nothin that cause alot of static.
2 remove jewerly
3-turn off the power and unplugged cords
4-remove cover
5-touch chassis the sides of the computer (inside) right? while i'm workin on it it
6-use can of air in the upright position holdin it about 4 inches away.
7-i can use q-tips to touch anything in there as long as it aint hard
8-let it dry before pluggin anything back up???

AM i right ?.......
and i couldnt find a anit static band ..but i found sum antic static spray at home depot ..would that work if i sprayed it inside of the computer?

Last edited:

Mr.Suave

dont worry so much. you'll be fine. just make sure you touch the case and if you use any liquids like water to wash anything make sure it completely dries.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I just use the central vac here, I just touch the metal on the case while I'm vacuuming stuff up. Never had any problems and I've cleaned some serious dust bunnies out like that.

CraigMB

Well i did it..i clean the inside computer ...i cleaned the cooler thing...boi it was dirty ...then the fan that shows on the back was pretty bad ..i was almost afraid to take the screws out didnt know if sumthin would fall out....but the utmost dirtiest was the fan thats in the front..omg that was nasty .....and under the front case thing.....dust bunny's out the ass....but aint try to turn it on its been bout a hour since i did it...so i'ma wait till later.......

But hey to all those who help me thru this process i apreciate it .....

Ku-sama

banned
my girlfriends Dell had just about litterally about 1/4 an inch of dust on it, it was sickining.... not even a dell deserves that

Pricesnightmare

Ku-sama said:
my girlfriends Dell had just about litterally about 1/4 an inch of dust on it, it was sickining.... not even a dell deserves that

If it was a gateway, I would of had to differ from your opinion....:p

CraigMB

well turned my computer on today ...and it made a real annoyin sound ...but waas runnin fine lol i smacked it on the top and it quit .......work s good but still slow but i feel better..

Chris Chan

Ku-sama said:
lol... A Packard Bell with non-recognised floppy drive does tho. As it was only a P75, to Goodwill it went.