Confirm this

cohen

OMG, that is just stupid, no point getting windows if it has none of those applications, i think Vista will be fine for me!!!!

I don't think they should do that, MS are going to go downhill! and the need to take more time with this OS, they had to many faults the first time with vista!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
I don't think it really matters, I mean if a person is that up to date and cuttng edge that they'd be using Windows 7 when it gets released then chances are they have their own mail clients and graphic design applications that they use...

I mean c'mon, i know the first things i do on a new install is install adobe master collection and thunderbird mail client...

In the big scheme of things, microsoft bundled applications are a trivial point to be judging the OS on.

*EDIT* - moved to appropriate section aswell

cohen

I don't think it really matters, I mean if a person is that up to date and cuttng edge that they'd be using Windows 7 when it gets released then chances are they have their own mail clients and graphic design applications that they use...

I mean c'mon, i know the first things i do on a new install is install adobe master collection and thunderbird mail client...

In the big scheme of things, microsoft bundled applications are a trivial point to be judging the OS on.

I can see where your coming from.... it would be a good OS, with just nothing but an OS, and then you put "your" software on it and have everything that you want and not the other windows crap.....

alexyu

The perfect strategy is not including those in home basic and including them all in Ultimate.

gamerman4

Looks like a good idea to me, there is no reason for Vista to have Photo Gallery and stuff considering the "Windows Live" versions are all a lot better. I would actually like to have a stripped down Windows OS that ONLY has the programs I want on it (without resorting to things like vLite and nLite. That would be awesome.

Twist86

Good that will cut the price...last time I used any OS programs was....well a hour ago its called Defrag but nothing else I use.

Now it saves us time from removing all the crap they throw down our throats. go MS your stock just went up....unless you charge 500 USD for it ~_~

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think its good,i never use those applications anyway and theres always alternatives to stuff like windows movie maker anyway.

all i would like to see from Windows 7 is a cost reduction obviusly,because vista was too expensive at launch.

better memory management,vista is greedy.

not put that stupid "calculating time remaining" crap in the new windows because it holds up moving huge files.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
It makes sense if you look at Microsoft's "Live" strategy. The future in computing, they believe, is cloud computing where most of our apps are used on the web. If this eliminates more bloat from the OS, and it appears that it does, then I'm all for it.

PohTayToez

It's not like they won't be offering them, or are trying to charge from them... they'll just have them be optional, which is a smart move. Today, when you by a new computer it's loaded down with so much unneeded crap, it's nice to see someone taking it in the opposite direction.

TFT

VIP Member
It would be a good move, the first thing I do is unload all the crap and install what I want on it. Not what they think I want.

G25r8cer

Agreed Who really cares about those little apps? I mean I dont. I am looking for a stable OS not a jam packed OS. Plus you can get freeware versions of those apps.

jdbennet

Yeah they are unbundling, principally because they have the EU antitrust guys looking at them during every step of the windows 7 development.

A minimalist windows would be good.