Confused - Help Me Please!

nowayhose

Hey -

I am trying to burn a video to a DVD-R disc. Here is the info on everything I am using.

DVD Disc - "Verbatim DataLifePlus" Inkjet Printable DVD-R
Speed: Up to 16x
Capacity: 4.7GB
P/N: 95078

I have tryed using about 4 differnt programs to burn the videos to the DVD's. Every single one, including my default burner says that there is no disc inside the drive. I have tryed changing the discs, and puttin them in upside down. I tryed updating the driver and it says I have the best version.

On the outside of the computer, it says on the drive

DVD
ROM (logo type design)
16xDVD

Then on the right hand side it says Compact Disc Re-Writable 52x32x52

When I go to My Computer, the drive is named "DVD/CD-RW Drive (D:)"

An error message comes up from "CD Writing Wizard" saying

"There is no disc in the drive"

"Please insert a writable CD into drive D:\."

"Note: A writable CD is a compact disc that can be converted to a conventional or audio CD by a CD recording drive (CD-R or CR-RW). After being recorded, the CD is capable of being used in any computer CD-ROM drive or audio CD player."

Anyone? Is it the blank DVD's I got? Can my computer even burn DVD's? Why would it say "DVD ROM 16x DVD" on the drive"? Thank you so much!

magicman

VIP Member
Your drive can only burn CD's and read DVD's. It can't burn DVD's I'm afraid. The ROM part of the dvd label stands for "Read Only Memory" - meaning it can't write. The blank disks will work fine, but you should get a DVD Rewriter (DVD-RW, DVD+RW) to use them with. They're not that expensive these days. Make sure when you buy it that it supports all the burning formats you want to use. +/- are different, but most drives handle both types.