Confused Over USB --> PS2 Adapter

tonymaclennan

I have 1 USB port and use it to access the web. My mouse is a USB mouse, I have a USB to PS2 adapter, I plugged the mouse in to it and it wont work. I plugged something else with the adapter in to the PS2 Port and it worked. I used theUSB port for the mouse and it worked. I am cclueless to why the mouse wont work in this port. I tried installing the driver with the mouse but still would not work.
Im have navigated here using tab which is really time consuming and annoying.
I even went to control panel --> accessabtility (ecuse spelling) --> Keyboard Mouse keys and enabled them but how can I move the cursor with the keyboard keys of my lapto I just cant find which keys to press (I have num locs on and told it to work with num lock on).
Any help on getting mouse working and/or using keyboard keys would be appreciated.

Bobo

banned
tonymaclennan said:
I have 1 USB port and use it to access the web.
How?
My mouse is a USB mouse, I have a USB to PS2 adapter, I plugged the mouse in to it and it wont work. I plugged something else with the adapter in to the PS2 Port and it worked. I used theUSB port for the mouse and it worked. I am cclueless to why the mouse wont work in this port. I tried installing the driver with the mouse but still would not work.
Im have navigated here using tab which is really time consuming and annoying.
I even went to control panel --> accessabtility (ecuse spelling) --> Keyboard Mouse keys and enabled them but how can I move the cursor with the keyboard keys of my lapto I just cant find which keys to press (I have num locs on and told it to work with num lock on).
Any help on getting mouse working and/or using keyboard keys would be appreciated.

Get a USB hub

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
have 1 USB port and use it to access the web. My mouse is a USB mouse, I have a USB to PS2 adapter, I plugged the mouse in to it and it wont work. I plugged something else with the adapter in to the PS2 Port and it worked.
Are you sure you have a USB --> MOUSE PS2 convertor rather than a USB --> KEYBOARD PS2 convertor?