connecting to linksys

dgaley27

i bought the WRT54GS.... and i love it so far, no disconnecting, but the only problem im having with it is the initial connection. sometimes it directly connects, and other times it may take 5-10 minutes, any reason, or is this somewhat suspected with wireless routers

Timbo

That is odd. Hmm.. On the bottom right hand of screen tool bar ( ? ) you see the little two computer monitors, double click that and see if it has recognized that there are any connections in the area. If it does try just clicking it, and then clicking connect. That's all I can think of, I am sure someone else may have a better, answer. Try it, and see if it works. :eek:

dgaley27

yea ive tried that, no avail. anyways just upgraded the software... so far the connect time has been a little less, but not direct... i downloaded network stumbler and it will sense the wireless right away... any other ideas?

Timbo

Florescent light's are baaad. They mess up * some * wireless internet, and give me some feedback on my bass :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Florescent light's are baaad. They mess up * some * wireless internet, and give me some feedback on my bass
LOL didnt know about the bass but yeah 2.395Ghz-2.405Ghz lights can wreck havoc on 2.4Ghz wireless :p ('course they'll leave 5Ghz wireless plenty fine :p)

dgaley27, do you have any funky firewall/router settings? :)

dgaley27

nope dont have any crazy settings going on.. the connection has been doing pretty well lately... may take 20 seconds or so to get on

kb1ghc

and thats why i like wires . . .

i got a question, whats the signal strength/link quality. and have you tryed hooking it up to eithernet?

dgaley27

yes its fine with wires... just takes some time without.... signal strength and quality is both great throughout the house when connected. i did notice something wierd earlier.. my wireless network connection and internet connection were enabled yet it wasnt letting me on for awhile.... what is that???