Connecting two buildings together. Network theory

Discussion in 'Computer Networking and Servers' started by Jamesreeves_2007, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jamesreeves_2007

Jamesreeves_2007 Member

hey guys, I have a college assignment I'm doing where I need to design a network and connect it to another building across the river where more computers exist. I'm making this diagram in Cisco packet tracer. What sort of connection should I use to link both the buildings. Wired isn't really a good option as both buildings are fairly low and on each side of a 100ft wide river. How can I do this?

2. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

What kind of diagrams do you have currently?

There are some ubiquiti products that can facilitate what you are trying to do.

3. Jamesreeves_2007

Jamesreeves_2007 Member

First building has two floors, 3 offices per floor, each office has three wired devices and a switch each, these switches tie into a main switch where a server and router are also located. I need this whole network to reach over to building two. I don't need to design another network for this one as it's not on the brief. Just show how it would link over. So, a wireless bridge?

4. killershark1978

killershark1978 Member

assuming both buildings have internet access, then you could set up a domain or VPN, this is probably the cheapest way, otherwise install 2 large antennas on each building to boost a wireless signal between the 2 building using a point to point wireless bridge.