Connecting Wireless Printer to Router

I'm trying to connect a Wireless Printer which is a Canon MF8000C to a laptop. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but if it's just a single computer, that computer can connect directly to it, right?

But, if I want two computers or more to use it, do I need to configure something from the router? The Router currently has DHCP enabled. Do I need to reserve the Hostname with it's MAC address from the router? But the thing is that I can't reserve a Hostname from the router but only an IP address with it's MAC address. Therefore, if I do this, will the router know that that IP address has been reserved for the printer and wouldn't be able to allocate it to another PC on the wireless network?

Computer is running Windows 10 Pro.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Plug the printer into the router with an ethernet cable and determine what DHCP address the printer receives. You're best off making that address static on the printer so it doesn't change. Then just add a new network printer by TCP/IP address using the Add Printer wizard and point it to that IP address. It will detect the printer, then you just need to select the driver to install.