• Yes, Updraging from an AMD

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Maybe, if the price is low enough

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

helmie

Ooooh, after finding out its on LGA775, im all excited. How many people are thinking of getting it? Hopefully theres a cheap version, but im betting its gona be VERY expensive. Anyway, a quick poll to see.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Nope, I just got a 4200+ and I'm perfectly happy with it.
perfectly happy now, yes,, have you seen the benches done with an OC'ed FX60, the conroe wooped it by around 50% on ALL tests. At last somethign for the intel fans to be happy about, go INTEL.

go ahead, take a look, http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=2&id=1845, this is also the stabndard version of the conroe core, NOT the EE edition that will be released, so long AMD, lets see a REAL competition between this and AM2..... let the battle commence...!!!!

dragon2309

ro0kie

banned
we'll see if AMD can pull through with their AM2 processor, hopefully they'll have something up their sleeve, if not then i guess i'm sticking with INTEL :p

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
The thing i dont like about those benchies is that

a) Intel wouldnt let anyone look in the device manager...call me suspicous, but something fishies going on there.
b) The benches were run on "medium" graphics with the res. at 800 x 600. Who's to say the the FX-60 would still be way behind at a higher res. with everything turned up full. I mean, you look at other benchmarks for other things, and one will lead by a huige margin on low graphics, but only does a bit better on more intense tests.

However, that rant was on about the F.E.A.R Bench, the encoding looks mighty fine indeed.

Geoff

VIP Member
wow there not as expensive as i thought, however the one there benching is the E6700, which also costs $530. I'd like to see how the E6300 compares.

Dr Studly

banned
i'm getting w/e is better at the time i buy my PC...
i dont understand the launch date tho...

Last edited: