considering getting a mac

Kill Bill

lol. i could not stand it enough to keep for 6 months. oh yea, and on the 8th day i got a kernel panic and said f**k it. it was so random, it came out of no where. os x really pissed me off. it took so much work to do simple things. for example, i could not find a way to pull up a window behind the one in front. it really annoyed me when i used safari or final cut pro. where as in windows, all open windows are on the task bar, just click and it comes right up. oh yea, and macs do crash. not only on thier hardware but on the computer in my sig. that just could be the way osx86 is patched, though. if i ever have enough money for a mac, i will get a MacBook Pro, and run bootcamp 24/7/365.

edit: the basics take 5 minutes to learn on any OS. just click around. especially on windows.

added: one more thing i hate, mac is so unorganized and neat. im not trying to bash, i got osx86 thinking i could use it as my main os, i really liked it that much at first, but now, i dont want to hear anything to do with mac.
Kernel panic is normal hello it's illegal its apple who are giving em so you will stop it.

m0nk3ys1ms

but when i try to install mac osx on pc it can find my hard drive to install on

If you are using a version of OSX86 at the top go to the utilites tab and select Disk Utility and format your drive into Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and then it should see it.

If you honestly want a Mac, I would invest in a Mini or a Macbook. If you don't like either of them you can always run Windows on them and have a nice laptop or a PC the size of a DVD drive. You could always find an older G4 or G5 on eBay or something. In fact, doesn't tlarkin have an old G5 for sale right now?

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
If you are using a version of OSX86 at the top go to the utilites tab and select Disk Utility and format your drive into Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and then it should see it.

If you honestly want a Mac, I would invest in a Mini or a Macbook. If you don't like either of them you can always run Windows on them and have a nice laptop or a PC the size of a DVD drive. You could always find an older G4 or G5 on eBay or something. In fact, doesn't tlarkin have an old G5 for sale right now?

Macs hold their resell value, so you can just sell it for pretty much almost what you paid for it.