Convert manuals to PDF

lostsoul62

I made a mistake. The manual is a PDF file but it's a read only. I wanted to highlight some material but can't so is there anyway I can highlight?

strollin

What PDF software are you using? Most PDF readers have a highlight tool that will allow you to highlight things in the PDF even though you can't change the content. Adobe reader and Fox-it reader both allow highlighting.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
When you open the PDF to read it, what's the name of the window that opens? Or Help menu -> About

lostsoul62

I think that it's coming from the Internet. The file is 9 MB but there is no "about" or anything. But they said at the bottom that I can get DC Acrobat Pro for 7 days but I don't think that is going to help me if it's coming from the Internet

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is the pdf file opening inside the browser? Both Firefox and Chrome have extensions for that. Look to see if you have a program such as adobe reader or foxit reader installed which will read pdf files. You will most likely have to change default program for the pdf file extension.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
To add annotations or highlights, you may need to save the file and open it in the actual viewer as opposed to the integrated one in the browser. Or if you install a plugin as suggested above that may also work.