converting dvd to movie files

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/Blu-ray Technology' started by Brenna, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Brenna

Brenna New Member

is it possible to convert dvds to movie files so you can just play them on your computer? also, can i do this if I only have 1gb ram on my computer?

***right now I have any video converter, FixVTS, DVD Shrink & Menu Shrink

please, i'm not quite sure what to do right now.

2. gamerman4

gamerman4 Active Member

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html

awesome piece of software, just rip the DVD VOB files off the disc and you can tell this program where the ripped DVDs directory is and it will convert it to whatever you want. Sadly it is $100, it is worth it if you do this a lot but if you don't try to find freeware that converts VOB.

3. Brenna

Brenna New Member

re

which format should i change it into. i don't know the differences between avi, vlc, mp4, etc. also, what should I do if theres no audio files?

4. Brenna

Brenna New Member

re:

another question:

how do you save dvd files on your hard drive? i've heard of this before, but don't know how.

would deeply appreciate it.

5. massahwahl

massahwahl VIP Member

I use dvd decryptor and just rip the movie as an ISO. Then use VLC to play them. Its fast and completely cheap!

6. Brenna

Brenna New Member

re:

ok, i got dvd decrypter, and i'm saving dvds to my hd. now, if I want to convert it to some smaller form to watch, which media format would it be? also, how do I burn dvds on hd to a plain dvd? I have the software to fix the files if the dvd was scratched, and then to shrink the dvd & menu. do I need special software to burn or copy dvds from hd to plain divd?

7. MagnumC

MagnumC New Member

media converter..