Converting video files to .mov files for Ipod/Itunes

Logon255

Where can I get software (Free or not, doesn't really matter at this point) that can convert .avi (Or even .mkv) files to .mov files?

Apparently Ipods can't take anything but .mov files for video, and I'd like to watch some movies on my Ipod without having to buy movies separately through the Itunes store.

Any sort of help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Logon255

It's against forum rules to provide links or refer to paid software or freeware?
Or is it illegal to convert AVI/MKV to MOV

Logon255

Oh and if there's some sort of misunderstanding, when I said "I'd like to watch some movies on my Ipod without having to buy movies separately through the Itunes store." I meant that I already own legal copies of the movies, and I don't feel like buying them through the Itunes store just to see them on my Ipod, but I would like to convert the files that I already have to .mov files so I can watch them on my Ipod :)

brian

VIP Member
Oh and if there's some sort of misunderstanding, when I said "I'd like to watch some movies on my Ipod without having to buy movies separately through the Itunes store." I meant that I already own legal copies of the movies, and I don't feel like buying them through the Itunes store just to see them on my Ipod, but I would like to convert the files that I already have to .mov files so I can watch them on my Ipod :)

it is till illegal to bypass dvd encryption. even if you own them, it is still breaking the law, and thus our rules