Cooler Master Cosmos

HumanMage

Has anyone purchased this case? I've seen multiple magazines do articles, and "how-to" demonstrations using this case. From what I've seen its very roomy, easy to use and build in and the ease of access is very nice. I'm just wondering what your alls opinions are of it. If I were to build a computer I would use this case..would you?

PabloTeK

I don't like it, yes it's big but it looks weird in my opinion, I'd rather have a Thermaltake, Antec or a CM Stacker.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I've thought about getting it for a couple months. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a side panel window. MaxPC gave it a 10, and after seeing it in person, it looks pretty nice.

HumanMage

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138

Theres your link Paratwa :D

I've been basing my opinions mostly off of what PC Gamer and Maximum PC magazine have said about the case. Max. PC used it as their "Dream Machine 2008" case, and PC Gamer just did an article on how to build your own PC for cheap and used the Cosmos as well. I've yet to hear a personal review, aside form the ones on newegg. For the most part, those have been rather optimistic.

paratwa

Oh yeah, I have seen that case and I like it. But I would take the door off of it. I hate doors on my case. Otherwise I like it alot.

wartrace

I have one, EXTERMELY roomy inside. Hard drive installation is out of the way & easy.
One thing I DO NOT like is that the power supply is at the bottom of the case.
I am having cooling issues with it using dual 8800 ultra cards in SLI & an AMD 6400 chip.

Bronson7

Oh yeah, I have seen that case and I like it. But I would take the door off of it. I hate doors on my case. Otherwise I like it alot.
Same here. I love the i/o layout but the door is a deal breaker for me. I absolutely hate doors over the drive bays.
Bronson7