Cooler Master Hyper 412S

Ivan

Hi, I want to buy a cooler "Cooler Master Hyper 412S" , this cooler is 160mm tall , but my case "NZXT S340 Mid Tower" has clearance 161mm. Is it a problem to be just 1mm left space? And what do you think about this cooler, is it good?

_Glitch

I would recommend you buying a different cooler. Have you considered a closed loop water cooler?

_Glitch

Not familiar with that cooler. But if it fits better, that would likely be a better option.
You could also buy a horizontal CPU cooler. Gonna save you a lot of space.
Usually not as efficient. but if you add a corsair Magnetic Levitation fan to it (ML series), and should get great cooling.
I am currently using a low profile cooler with a corsair ML 120. Does plenty of cooling for me, and it looks good doing it. (Not a serious overclocking cooling setup, but it works very well and it's quiet)

Last edited:

_Glitch

I was trying to upload a picture of my setup, but the websites i was trying to use didn't work.
hopefully this does.
20180924_182029.jpg

This is a high end radiator fan on low profile cooler. Cheap, quite and works well, if you don't do any serious overclocking.
If you do overclock, you will need to look somewhere else.
(Fan looks pink on this pic XD )

Ivan

Ok :), nice build. I am making blue combinations. I already have two fans on case "NZXT S320" on top and back. Later I will put water cooling when going to clock. For now just a regular cooler.

_Glitch

In that case the ML series is a fan you can easily use later on as a radiator fan. So why not buy a cheap horisontal cooler and put an ML fan on it until you get serious about your cooling setup. ;)