Cooler Master Storm QuickFire TK (Cherry MX Brown Switches) thoughts?

Knut

Hello All,

I am looking for a new mechanical keyboard. After researching for a little while, I found the CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Brown switches. I've typed on browns before and I think they are the ones which fit me the best. If anyone has the keyboard I would love to hear your opinion! Also, if you can recommend another keyboard in that price range please do!

Thanks in advance.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Are you trying to type or game or a bit of both? For pure typing a lot people love blues which the Storm Quickfire has an option for. For gaming most people prefer blacks, the linear force and easy double tap is great. I use reds, which are essentially blacks but require slightly less force to press.

Really your best bet for picking the switch style that suits you is to go down and try typing on a few.

Knut

I am trying to do a little bit of typing and gaming. I've typed on both blues and browns before. Of course I wish I could type on more, but I don't really have too much time to experiment as I really need a keyboard. I liked the blues, but they were a little bit too tactile and stiff. They also made a lot of noise. Browns were nice because, even though they were loud, they had a very nice sound and feel to them.

I really appreciate your comment though! I will try and test out some other switches when I find the time.