CoolerMaster HAF 932

Jet

VIP Member
To clarify what Fatback means about the memory is somewhat simple. It's not about the amount of memory, it's about timings, latency, etc... most people think that the size is all that matters, but that's 99% wrong. Unless you're doing some HD movie editing, best to find high quality memory over size.

(Unless you're folding bigadv EL WUs that take 4.5+ GB just for the WU :D)

Sorry, back to the topic.

*Again, sorry for the double post*

A few more questions came up:

With the motherboard, it says "P55 Express Chipset" What is this?

Also with the motherboard, It says it is not "Windows 7 ready" So would I not be able to run Windows 7 on it?

And lastly, with the Video Card, what will the 2GB do instead of a 1GB VC?

The P55 Express Chipset is what controls everything on the motherboard that the processor doesn't. It's the chipset that runs your LGA 1156 Core i5.

It will still run Windows 7 fine!

The difference in Ram won't do too much.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
To clarify what Fatback means about the memory is somewhat simple. It's not about the amount of memory, it's about timings, latency, etc... most people think that the size is all that matters, but that's 99% wrong. Unless you're doing some HD movie editing, best to find high quality memory over size.
To a point, but say I could get 1024MB DDR3 1600 @2-3-3-8, I would argue that's much worse than 4GB of DDR3 1600 @10-10-10-30.
*Again, sorry for the double post*

A few more questions came up:

With the motherboard, it says "P55 Express Chipset" What is this?

Also with the motherboard, It says it is not "Windows 7 ready" So would I not be able to run Windows 7 on it?

And lastly, with the Video Card, what will the 2GB do instead of a 1GB VC?
As Jet said above, that board will have no issue with Windows 7. I would say you are over buying a motherboard though.

tlarkin

VIP Member

Actually, timings are kind of a marketing gimmick. The amount of RAM definitely affects your performance as the lesser amount of RAM you have the more virtual memory will be used, which is slower, way slower than RAM.

As more RAM gets used then more virtual memory will get used.