Coolermaster tx3 vs wraith stealth

reddevil6

Hi guys been a long time, just after your thoughts.
I finally upgraded from my fx build to a ryzen 5 2600 couple years ago and just started playing games again.
The noise of the wraith stealth is doing my head in ( not so stealthy).
I have my old tx3 cooler sitting here wich did a great job of cooling my fx 6300 pretty quitley. Before I start mucking around Will do it cope with my ryzen 5 2600 ok vs the wraith stealth or is it not worth it and just buy a better cooler? My main concern is the noise as long as my max temps are about the same or better than the wraith.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Doubt it. I have hyper 212 evo on a 2600x and it races up a lot sometimes. I have built a few ryzen systems and hate the fan spinning up so high no matter what cooler is on it.

reddevil6

Fair enough. Well I went to give it a try last night is destroyed my cpu don't know how I managed it I've built countless pc's before. Pulling the cooler off it pulled the cpu out of the socket and bent a bunch of pins got them all back straight but 1 snapped off and she didn't work again lol.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Pulling the cooler off it pulled the cpu out of the socket and bent a bunch of pins got them all back straight but 1 snapped off and she didn't work again lol.
You gotta be careful with AMD cpu's as thats a common issue with them. Even the old Intel 478's did that. I try not to build AMD unless I really need to.