Cooling for my computer?

Phippsp

Ok so now I got the basics of what I want what is a good cooling part for the cpu. What kind of heatsink is good and fan. The case will hold 1 80mm fan, 2 120mm fans. Im proble going to look for replacements for these mabye all depends. What else should I look for to keep my computer nice a cooled down. Since im getting the OEM CPU I really need to know good types of heatsinks and fan to get for it to keep kewl down. This thread is not just for CPU any good type of cooling for the computer would be nice and no water cooling.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Heheh i love that HSF ... not loud enough though ... could use another 15db ;)

If no matter what you try, it just ain’t loud enough, and not enough air is being moved, then look no further than the Vantec Tornado line of fans. I have one of the 80mm ones (TD8034H - 80mm, 0.75A, 5700RPM, 84 CFM, 70.4 dB :eek: ) in one of my overclocked dual-CPU Powermac G4s and it is obnoxiously loud but now it doubles as a hairdryer. It will drown out any noise in your house, no matter how large.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Wow!

Holy crap! How can you handle 70Db!!!! Man you must have headphones on to hear anything from your pc. I have everything including my HSF FAN at 24Db max and I still find it a bit loud. Only a bit but still bothers me. I had a 45Db fan and that I had to get rid of...although I do admit it did a good job cooling down the CPU.

JAN :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If no matter what you try, it just ain’t loud enough, and not enough air is being moved, then look no further than the Vantec Tornado line of fans. I have one of the 80mm ones (TD8034H - 80mm, 0.75A, 5700RPM, 84 CFM, 70.4 dB
Just so you know, they arent 70.4db. That site has it wrong. Either way, if you want airflow: http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-88.html

in one of my overclocked dual-CPU Powermac G4s and it is obnoxiously loud but now it doubles as a hairdryer. It will drown out any noise in your house, no matter how large.
You're telling this to someone who can sleep through a firedrill :p

Holy crap! How can you handle 70Db!!!!
Its not 70db

mar666

Try a thermaltake smart fan, they can go up to 78 cfm and come with a fan controller if you dont want the hassel of putting fans to a dedicated controller. i use 5 of them in my case now and they are really good, just get the thermal paste right on the heatsink, or you can have all the fans you want and it wont matter.

also the smart fan come's with or without led's, ive never seen a fan that pushes this much air and has led's. also comes in 80,90, and 120mm.