Copy station

WhoX

This weekend I was digging through my cellar when I found this. It's a CD/DVD copy station. Besides the seven drives it also has a 500 GB hard drive to store DVD/ISO images. Some years ago it got a lot of use, now not so much.

copystation.jpg

WhoX

Love old stuff like this,Any pics of inside?

Sorry, it's already back in the cellar where I found it. But here is a picture of what the controller would have looked like. This one is 1 to 8 while mine is 1 to 7. There's an extra IDE connector for the hard drive. The back of the case has two 90 mm fans near the top. The hard drive was mounted in the back of the case, leaving room for the DVD drives in the front. I can't quite remember, but I think it came with a 300 watt power supply. The controller allows the user to: regulate the recording speed, choose which drives to record to, rip from the original to an image on the hard drive for future recording, etc...

I bought the one pictured above for around 1,000 Euros, now days you can build a 1 to 11 bay duplicator for around half that price...pretty easy to do too.

controller.jpg

Last edited:

WhoX

Awesome,I was expecting the controller board to be bigger than that. :)

The SATA versions are even smaller. They used to be the most expensive part of the duplicator, but now you can get one for around 75 to 100 Euros. A good duplicator case will cost you more than that.