Copying information between tablets

Knowles316

My son has an RCA Viking 10 tablet. The screen broke on it a couple weeks ago. We bought him an Amazon Fire tablet to replace it. What we are trying to do is clone all of the information from his old tablet to his new tablet. He plays games on his tablet and he wants to keep the progress on these games. Does any one know how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DavidG

Cloning isn't likely to be possible as the Amazon Fire runs a heavily modified Android operating system. You'll need to give us a lot more information - It depends what games and whether the data is stored locally on the tablet or on the internet and/or whether it is possible to export the saved game data to a memory card/internet and whether the Amazon Fire will allow importing files/data.

Last edited:

Knowles316

Ummmmmmm... I am an idiot when it comes to computers. My nephew said that we need to get another RCA in order to clone it. I just wanted to reach out to see if it was possible since I have the Fire sitting right in front of me. I am guessing it is not. Thank you very much for your input.

If your son signs in with the same google account most settings should sync with the new tablet!
When you install the same apps the setting should sync as well!

I can´t remember if we used a app or something to do this but I have managed to help perform this...

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
If your son signs in with the same google account most settings should sync with the new tablet!
When you install the same apps the setting should sync as well!

I can´t remember if we used a app or something to do this but I have managed to help perform this...
Kindle Fires sync with Amazon, not Google.

Pupp

I don't want to state the obvious, but Amazon and Google are rivals. Sadly, the Amazon Fire/kindle is the only android OS that's essentally locked out of Google Play... as far as I know.