core2duo 4300

vexest

i wanna overclock my core2duo 4300 1.8ghz littlebit faster can anybody suggest me good cooler for that. i want to go atlest 2.0ghz.

linkin

VIP Member
You could do a 200mhz increase on the stock cooler with no voltage increase either, I've had that very CPU And i got it to 3ghz, same with an E4500, but that one needed more voltage for some reason.

200mhz is a very mild overclock, and PU's have plenty of excess voltage at stock settings to allow for... well.. lower quality PSU's/Mobo's.

Speaking of which, the rest of your system specs would help a lot.

87dtna

+1, need to know the rest of your system. Is it OEM or retail parts built? If it's an OEM pc I doubt it has any options for overclocking to begin with.

Also, make sure you have decent ram, as ram gets overclocked with the CPU unless you have a really good board and it can be unlinked.

You can indeed overclock some on the stock CPU cooler. Download ''Real Temp'' to monitor the CPU's core temperature. I'm betting you could get 2.2-2.4ghz out of it on the stock cooler and stock voltage.

Also, it would actually be a larger gain to buy a new CPU rather than a good cooler. Get an E3300 is a dual core wolfdale celeron, which is way better (even though it has the celeron badge) than your current CPU, it's only $52, and is 2.5ghz stock.

Mine clocked to 3.4ghz on stock voltage and cooler as well.
Awesome bang for the buck-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116264&cm_re=e3300-_-19-116-264-_-Product

Nightrain

Even if it is an OEM board, he should still be able to bsel mod the cpu to pump it up to 1066 FSB, yielding a 2.4Ghz clock, but that may not be beginner friendly.

Last edited:

vexest

windows xp professional 32bit
P5G41T-M LE Motherboard
Ram is crucial 2gb ddr3 12600 1600mhz. right now its working 667mhz.
core 2 duo 4300 1.8ghz processor

87dtna

windows xp professional 32bit
P5G41T-M LE Motherboard
Ram is crucial 2gb ddr3 12600 1600mhz. right now its working 667mhz.
core 2 duo 4300 1.8ghz processor

Oh yeah man, no problem. Your stock FSB will be set to 200, just bump it right to 267 and keep everything else on auto. That will put your ram right at 1600 where it should be and give you 2.4ghz.

El Gappo

You will see a pretty massive performance boost from setting you ram to it's rated speed also :)

I have one of these cpu's here right now, will be sure to post some results once my mobo arrives :)

linkin

VIP Member
trust me, you will notice the speed on a cpu like that, and the ram also... and not just in benchmarks.

87dtna

trust me, you will notice the speed on a cpu like that, and the ram also... and not just in benchmarks.

When I first booted my new I5 setup, my ram was defaulted to 1333 cas 9. After a couple days I started overclocking, now running 1800 cas 8 and NO difference was fealt whatsoever. This is because 1333 cas 9 isn't really bottlenecking anything, it's still fast.