CoreTemp is flagged as malicious in Chrome

CaptainTrips

I just built a new PC and I was unable to mount a large CPU cooler due to other components being in the way of the clamp that holds the heatsink down, so I installed the stock cooler that came with my CPU (an i5).

I'm worried that the stock cooler won't be sufficient while playing games at maximum detail. While it's still under warranty, I don't need the hassle of a burnt out CPU to RMA, so I have been looking for a good temperature sensor to install.
CoreTemp looks like what I want, plus I believe it will integrate with my G15 LED screen, making it easy to see my temps while I am in a full screen game.

But, Google Chrome identifies the .exe download as malicious and blocks it. People have talked about using it and most of the people who are having the same problem I am say it's a false positive.

Does anyone have some feedback? Is there a better temperature monitor out there, preferably one that will display on a G15 led screen?

Thanks

acelenny

Never had any problems with it myself however there are several websites that I've found offering Core Temp downloads which Kaspersky flagged as having a virus for me. Try a different download perhaps or use a different browser.