Corsair LPX 32gb 3200 DDR4

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Provide them the tracking number, they should give you some grace on the timelines. You've clearly sent it.

ssal

It made it to California, 20 miles from the destination. Hope it will be delivered soon.
PS. Delivered today at 11:00 am. Now it's up to AsRock.
PS. 20 hours within receipt, a new S.N. was issued in the RMA board. Awaiting shipping.
PS. 3 days after receipt, ASRock has posted a FEDEX tracking returning a replacement.

Last edited:

ssal

The MB was returned, with BIOS upgraded to 3.9.

After reassembling the PC, I was still not able to set the memory frequency to 3200 MHz.
Spent a little time with tech support, and they walked me thru their website's specification about memory with the 7 2700x (pinnacle) CPU. With 4 slots (4x16gb), the best I can hope for is 2667. I was not able to get that.
I removed 2x16 leaving only 32 gb in place and set the frequency to 3200 Mhz and it stayed.
I think I am going to leaving it at 32 gb because I haven't seen any of my application requiring more than 32 gb.
I am going to test the most demanding program (Davinci Resolve) tomorrow and see if there is any better than 2133 Mhz.

Next time I am going to build another pc, I am going to pay a lot more attention to the MB.

Last edited:

ssal

I would still expect it to work, you may need to manually overclock to do it though.
With 32gb running at 3200 MHz, I tested the speed on what I do (video editing and encoding), and do not find noticeable improvement. I think I am not going to bother and just leave it at that.