Cost of computer security protection

peter912

I ended up purchasing it for $23.50 Can. for one year. I could have gotten the second year at this price also but I didn't want to make a two year commitment , so for the second year the price will be $65.48 Can. I guess that I should have taken the two year package ?

peter912

What I did now is to cancel my auto renewal with Malwarebytes. If you leave auto renewal on and this applies everywhere else also, they charge you the FULL amount. If you turn it off then they offer discounts to renew again .

GadgeyGadget

I have only used zonealrm firewall, and microsoftanti built in defender and anti virus. Never had an issue so far. Stopped being too paranoid years ago, never looked back.

peter912

I have only used zonealrm firewall, and microsoftanti built in defender and anti virus. Never had an issue so far. Stopped being too paranoid years ago, never looked back.
Yes , I read on the internet, that Microsoft Defender has gotten a lot better than it used to be and it is possible to use it now as your main anti virus protector.

If you switch to linux you won't need any antivirus, and the OS is free as well. Nowadays it has become very user friendly, if you can get used to the different user interface design (personally I like it).