Could my mobo be dead?

ABonel33smidget

WinCrazy said:
From the symptoms you described it sounds like the problem could be one of several things - a bad processor (very rare) or a bad power supply which is much more likely. A significant number of supplies are bad off the bat, so try swapping it out with a known good one if you have one. Or the mobo could be DOA.

Well I know it isnt the psu I just tested that two days ago now. I am having someone with same socket come over and I am going to try and see if the vid card works if not I know my problem. and possibly test the cpu.
Thanks for the reply :)

iggy101

I had the exact same simptoms EXACTLY with a asus mombo i got a new one after about 2 weeks and that was the problem!

ABonel33smidget

iggy101 said:
I had the exact same simptoms EXACTLY with a asus mombo i got a new one after about 2 weeks and that was the problem!
Really? Well once I test some things out today I shall see if it is the mobo and see if I had same problem as you. But I am kinda glad I am not only one this has happened too.

ABonel33smidget

I finally know the problem. And I got a doa mobo. I tested everything else and that was why it wouldnt work. Now I get to wait for the new one to come in :)

iggy101

yeah i dont know but i have heard this happen alot woth asus mobos. Mine runs great i love it but for some reason they send out alot of doa ones with the same simptoms??? weird

Gen.

mobo or CPU ?

LithiumSunset said:
Yeah, if your not even getting a post beep than that usually means the CPU is not seated right or the HSF isn't connected/working properly. The other thing it could mean is a dead CPU.

can CPU a cause of NO BEEP , NO DISPLAY?
I had also similar problem with my Pc, NO BEEP + NO DISPLAY.
But everything seems working when i power it up,( CPU fan, HHD , CD-ROM...).
I also tried graphics card in another PC, it works perfect.

Is it the time to hammer my PC or my CPU?:mad:

thanks.
Gen.