Could my "new" gtx 1060 actually be used?

winston

Hi,

I recently got a Dual GTX 1060 6GB from micro center:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/467997/GeForce_GTX_1060_Overclocked_Dual-Fan_6GB_GDDR5_Video_Card

The box was in perfect condition but 2 things bug me:
1-The box had a circular clear sticker on the edge but it was not holding the box closed (it was only on one the main body of the box and not overlapping on the flap )
2-The motherboard was in an anti-static bad which was closed only by a piece of tape

The GPU looks new, the fans have no dust nor does the heat sink and the card had a plastic protector on the connector pins.

Is this the normal packing for these or is it possible that I got a used card instead on a new one?

Thank you for you input

EDIT: I am waiting for an answer from both micro-center ans Asus

Laquer Head

I've never owned an Asus GPU, but as far as their motherboards go.. at least in Canada..the boxes are essentially not sealed on new ones, they dont have any sticker or tab holding the box shut, but everything will be contained inside and the board may or may not come in an anti-static bag. I've owned probably 10 Asus boards over the years and the boxes are never sealed.

MSI boards are usually in a anti-static bag, for example and most I've seen have a sticker sealing the box.

Hard to say if this is a Canada only thing.. but I've never had issues with a new Asus board and I've seen many of mine come right off the truck at my local store and I know they are brand new from Asus. (my buddy owns a store so I see the truck regularly making deliveries)

winston

I've never owned an Asus GPU, but as far as their motherboards go.. at least in Canada..the boxes are essentially not sealed on new ones, they dont have any sticker or tab holding the box shut, but everything will be contained inside and the board may or may not come in an anti-static bag. I've owned probably 10 Asus boards over the years and the boxes are never sealed.

MSI boards are usually in a anti-static bag, for example and most I've seen have a sticker sealing the box.

Hard to say if this is a Canada only thing.. but I've never had issues with a new Asus board and I've seen many of mine come right off the truck at my local store and I know they are brand new from Asus. (my buddy owns a store so I see the truck regularly making deliveries)
Thanks for your answer :) I also got myself an Asus motherboard and it was like you described.