Could you recommend games?

I won't be upgrading my rig for at least another year. In the mean time I started playing Dishonored. Could you suggest some other PC games that would run on my rig? (Specs are in my sig)

Stealth and FPS games are my favorite - Thief and Hitman are probably my favorite titles. I also love Doom (DOS), Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, System Shock 2, Bioshock, Painkiller. But sometimes I play turn based games as well (Heroes of Might and Magic III, Disciples II). I am not interested in multiplayer games.

Thanks.

beers

Staff member
MGS The Phantom Pain probably fits your Stealth/Shooter itch, although it's primarily third person.

If you haven't played either of the newer Deus Ex games, Human Revolution was pretty decent.

Agent Smith

I'm pretty old school. I play BF2 with the AIX Mod. You can still play BF2 even though Gamespy shut down. https://battlelog.co/

But BF3 might be your ticket and then there is Ghost Recon. Ghost Recon is a really good single person FPS that will have you looking around your neighborhood for rooftop snipers. LOL

Calin

Not a stealth game or a FPS but you should try out GTA 4. Should work at medium settings on that 6670, I don't think it's as good as V or SA but it's still very addictive. Of course, assuming you haven't played it yet.

beers

Staff member
Why GTA 4 when you can GTA 5? :p

Usually pretty easy to find for $25-30 if you're into those Grand Theft Auto shenanigans. Factor in a GPU upgrade though, but the game is significantly better than its predecessors.

Laquer Head

Why GTA 4 when you can GTA 5? :p

Usually pretty easy to find for $25-30 if you're into those Grand Theft Auto shenanigans. Factor in a GPU upgrade though, but the game is significantly better than its predecessors.

If only we had someone who could mod cheap GTA5 accounts for people...:cool:

Punk

Staff member
The last GTA game I played was GTA III. Can't remember much from it. I am not even sure if I finished it back then.

I don't think I've ever done a 100% finished in any GTA to be honest... They're very long to finish if you don't stop at the story line.

I am also planning to get a 4/6/8 core rig this year. Could you recommend some games for a modern setup? FPS/Stealth mainly. Maybe a good RTS.

Punk

Staff member
I'm going to suggest Elite Dangerous although it doesn't fit in the category you mentionned :D

Other than that I really enjoyed Far Cry 4. I haven't tried any recent FPS games though...