cp types

jonnyp11

What exactly is the going to be used for anyways? really nearly nothing will use the amount of power you will have for years to come, only the highest end games and video editing and creation and other things involving large amounts of en and decoding.

Also look at my last post, i edited in more and when i posted the changes you had already responded.

grendon_15

yea im runing premier pro and true space and games like skyrim
ok i got ddr3 and im not shure what i got in this pc i got a nice pci expres hd 3d graphics card and windows 7 allready just want to upgrade it all before installing

Last edited:

MineIQ1701

I highly suggest you go for 1155, a i5/7, new windows if you need itc and spend any money you have left over on some additional ram.

jonnyp11

Do you know the actual name of the graphics card? it should be on it if you look at it some. Also you're almost definitely going to need a new power supply, that mobo/cpu alone are prob going to use all the power your current psu has, and you really want a good one, crappy psus run the risk of blowing and taking other parts with it, and whther it will blow isn't an if but a when, and how many parts will it take is the other question.

How do you have 50 gb's? what, 12 4gb's a 2gb?

MineIQ1701

You might need to wait a little while, it's better to save up and get later on (both because of more money and tech improvements) than to settle for something now.

MineIQ1701

Well, right now you are looking at mobo+power supply+CPU(+windows?) which in american I wouldn't spend any less than 400$ on (500$ if windows)

grendon_15

thats a total kicking about in a box its in lots of sticks its not exct the graphics card is a geforce gt inno 3D and the reason i got this pile of rubish is the power suply blew on my old 1 i think it took the whole mobo with it as no other power suplys would work on it either

jonnyp11

Well you can't just put your hdd into this motherboard then upgrade to win7, the XP is locked to the old motherboard and won't work on any other computer. and a new copy costs like 75-80 pounds i think.

MineIQ1701

I think the Windows should be ok, so Mobo(is your dad still buying)+processor+power supply, give a budget and ill be glad to help

grendon_15

yea dad said yes to the mobo previously stated so any mobo round that price think its £300 and ive got £150 now cause i been working all day so about £450 to start off so $706

Last edited:

MineIQ1701

706, ok, I'm suggesting an i7 2600k, an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Mobo, and a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 power supply all for around 625$