CPU boost graphics?

Shlouski

VIP Member
My old computer was a:

Intel Pentium D 3GHz (800 MHz)
GA-8N-SLI Pro
2GB ram (667)
8800GT

Now at first when i upgraded my computer, i just bought a new motherboard and processor. I still used the same 8800gt and the same memory, but i had a good boost in the graphics. Why is this?

Was it because of the new processor, with higher FSB or more to do with the chipset?

Bob Jeffery

Your cpu plays an important part in games. All of the physics and things like that use your cpu. Having a good cpu is almost as important, if not as much important, as a good graphics card

Shlouski

VIP Member
I ask because my friend has the exact same MB and graphics card as me, but we have different cpu's. I have e8400 and he has a e6600, but my computer is no better than his graphically in 3Dmark06. Obivously not including the separate cpu scores.

nivan

Something more important is speed of hard drive.
Set raid on your hard drive in bios and see difference.
But i think you need more ram for raid.
Your mobo supports faster ram.If you can go get 2x2GB of faster ram. (800 or 1066 ddr2)

Edit:
Hey sorry now i see that you have 4 gb of ram 800.
Just change sata settings to raid in bios.
Edit:
First time when you start computer with raid and if before was ide you will have hard disk spinning for some time.

Last edited:

bebopin64

Huh? IDE is an interface between your motherboard and HDD. Raid is a configuration you can use with 2 identical HDDs to make data access faster.