CPU Collection

zaroba

all these CPUs are great and all, but when it comes to general age, there not all that old. even the oldest cpu in that colelction of 80 is only from 15 or so years ago. yea, old in a sense of advancement and speed, but when it comes to the age of the pc overall, there not really all that old.

i wanna see somebody with a CPU from a computer that was made back in the 1960s. or even from whatever was in computers back back in the 1940s. better yet, somebody get ahold of something from the ENIAC or Colossus

Last edited:

ADE

banned
I dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but take pictures of the tiny pictures on the CPU. they i think engrave them on there. Some are so small you need a microscope to see them, but try looking.

psych0fish

yeah, the stuff i have now isn't all that old, but i'm just starting with a few things. this is going to be project going on for years. i'll continue to add to it.

Geoff

VIP Member
all these CPUs are great and all, but when it comes to general age, there not all that old. even the oldest cpu in that colelction of 80 is only from 15 or so years ago. yea, old in a sense of advancement and speed, but when it comes to the age of the pc overall, there not really all that old.

i wanna see somebody with a CPU from a computer that was made back in the 1960s. or even from whatever was in computers back back in the 1940s. better yet, somebody get ahold of something from the ENIAC or Colossus
They didnt use processors like we do today, they used vacuum tubes.

ADE

banned
are you going to find the cool pictures on the CPU's? I heard of someone have an entire gallery of this! Sell a professional picture of the engraving along with the CPU and encase in a nice display case and sell it! Get a lot of money for......hay, that could work!

WeatherGeek

We have an intel celeron from 2000 in the computer sitting in the basement-the oldest I have here :p ... cool collection!

psych0fish

Recently Added......

Pentium 90
Pentium 100
Pentium 120
Pentium 133
Pentium 150
Pentium 166
Pentium 200

Pentium 200 w/ MMX
Pentium 233 w/ MMX

Pentium 266 w/ MMX (1.8v)