CPU Cooler help!

i am a noob

I have recently just upgraded my stock intel CPU fan to the Arctic cooler freezer 7 pro i have installed it and it is working fine but the problem is it is still the same CPU temperatue as before,

Is this because i have to change something or is it supposed to be like this:confused:

GSAV55

Basically, when you are cooling with air your temperatures are never going to drop below the ambient air temperature (or at least not noticably so). So if you are not planning on overclocking, and your stock cooling was keeping it at room temperature (which is both surprising and good) you didn't really need a new cooler.

If you are overclocking, or if your stock cooler wasn't doing its job adequatly then you should have upgraded. If your not overclocking at all, and your stock cooler kept the temps down even under load (which is doubtable) then you just bought a nice looking fan. But what you have to look at is, under load, does your new fan keep the cpu cooler than the stock fan did under load? If so its doing its job.