CPU Cooler, need some good advice :)

deankenny

im after a CPU cooler to replace the standard one on my e6600 775 socket, ive looked at a few and cant decide, i want a good looking one which delivers low temps and isnt noisy around the £20 mark

i see alot mentioned about the arctic 7 freezer but it looks a bit bland from looking outside the case. i saw this one
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-046-AK&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=821&name=Akasa%20AK-965BL%20Blue%20LED%20CPU%20Cooler%20(Socket%20LGA775)
its got LEDS on it which i like and want a cool looking inside case, please guys help me find a decent low noise sexy cpu cooler for me. around £20 from the uk

deankenny

A good one would be a Zalman 9500 or the slightly larger (with better temps) 9700.

thats a excellent cooler might go the extra £10 for it, from reviews seems a bugger to install, do u think ill be alright on a p35-ds3l motherbaord from gigabyte and a Thermaltake Soprano Case??

tidyboy21

I know the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro looks a bit bland but is a great performer. As for the Zalman 9700, you'll love it. I've got one in another PC and it's one of the easiest coolers to install + it will fit fine in your Soprano Case.

Last edited:

deankenny

I know the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro looks a bit bland but is a great performer. As for the Zalman 9700, you'll love it. I've got one in another PC and it's one of the easiest coolers to install + it will fit fine in your Soprano Case.

thanks for your info, i am going for the zalman 9500 led, do u know if this comes with thermal grease pre applied or will i have to do this myself?

Twist86

thanks for your info, i am going for the zalman 9500 led, do u know if this comes with thermal grease pre applied or will i have to do this myself?

Zalman paste *Imo* has really crappy paste...always best to get some AS5. It should come with a tube of white goo though.

bomberboysk

If you havent ordered it yet, i would actually recommend that you go for the Xigmatek S-1283, excellent cooler.

mr_choung

^ yes and so does tomshardeware which made me switch over. currently running 46 idle on my oc'd e8400 4.05ghz and load is roughly 58-60c, btw it's only 19.99 after mir at micro.