CPU full load

salvage-this

Ah let me explain that. When you set the voltage in the BIOS, you are setting the max voltage. The processor can use under that voltage but it should not go over.

melloorr

Ohh, Okay.
But I haven't set the voltage, so does that mean it will do it automatically ?

EDIT
Well I have raised the frequency by 20 and CPU-Z says the voltage is the same

Last edited:

salvage-this

I am guessing that you are reading the voltage off the CPU info screen. Yes from there you will not be able to set the voltage. There should be an overclocking section in your BIOS. in that section you should find the proper place to set the voltage. You mentioned that you only have the overvoltage option in you BIOS. What motherboard are you using?

melloorr

I am guessing that you are reading the voltage off the CPU info screen. Yes from there you will not be able to set the voltage. There should be an overclocking section in your BIOS. in that section you should find the proper place to set the voltage. You mentioned that you only have the overvoltage option in you BIOS. What motherboard are you using?

ASUS P5G41T-M/USB3

But in the overclocking section, I could see no place for setting the voltage

Last edited:

melloorr

I still dont get this. My temps are still around 50c oven though I have OCed the core speed to 3.2GHz and the FSB to 1280MHz.

I can't get past these speeds though. When I was booting up, the screen would go black just before the login screen, and then it would restart. So I tried to raise the voltage of the CPU and also the Memory, but that just gave me a blue screen.

Does this mean I have hit my ceiling?

I did wanted to OC my RAM to 1333MHz but would there be much difference to what it is now? (1280MHz)