Cpu help!

vashonlax

Im loooking for a new CPU for my project and it's either between...

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

OR

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

Other than the huge price difference, what will i get the best results out of, like if im going to spend the extra$ money for the x6, will i get that good of better result for gaming? (minecraft)

ps. using a radeon 5770 hd card btw.

thanks.

CardboardSword

Well if all you play is minecraft, then you're probably more limited by the game engine than your processor. If you don't do much in the way of demanding applications then there is no reason to spend more money on a powerful processor that'll never be used.

However, if you do game a fair bit, then the investment in the 1090T is probably worth it, dual core machines are quickly becoming low end in the gaming world.

vashonlax

so the II X2 555 will work fine for minecraft? i just want to have good FPS on the highest settings is all.

thanks for the feedbackback though

CardboardSword

Well to be honest, I haven't played it, but it seems like it uses an intentionally retro style which is likely pretty easy on the hardware. You'll probably experience problems when you hit huge amounts of things going on at once (Like that one guy who made a city of TNT and detonated it all at once) but again I'm pretty sure thats just because the game itself can't handle it, not the computer you're running it on.