Cpu Info

circa312

banned
:p i was reading reviews about cpu purchases and was wondering which processor brand is better AMD or Intel? and if u can explain why please do so thank you

ckfordy

banned
circa312 said:
:p i was reading reviews about cpu purchases and was wondering which processor brand is better AMD or Intel? and if u can explain why please do so thank you

AMD is better for gaming and for right now everything else with the dual cores. But both are very good companies and Intel is cheaper in the dual core area so i would get that but wait tell conroe comes out then Intel will be better then AMD tell they get a new CPU out.

Seth

Well apart from this topic already being well covered..good question. Generaly if you do gaming the AMD processors are better..and office intel are apparently better though i dont notice much differance..But its impossible to just flat out say that one is better than the other..it all depends on what you are doing..

Last edited:

circa312

banned
i will be doing very little gaming im just going to be playing counterstrike source and not all the time just once in a while the rest of the time i will just be on the internet or on aim.^_^ so which brand of processors would fit my situation??? anyone

Last edited:

Greggie Boy

For your needs I would go with INTEL cpu and INTEL motherboard. In my opinion that would be the most stable combination.

Geoff

VIP Member
circa312 said:
i will be doing very little gaming im just going to be playing counterstrike source and not all the time just once in a while the rest of the time i will just be on the internet or on aim.^_^ so which brand of processors would fit my situation??? anyone
It doesnt really matter what you go with. If you have money, go with the AMD X2 series since it's currently one of the best desktop cpu's out. But if you dont want to spend $300+, then i would go with an Athlon 64, which start at $105+.