CPU noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav

Got MBM 5.What should be the ideal settings?As soon as I installed it the set off the alarm for the temp going to 88 c whereas the default was 70

Vaibhav

High Alert

i got MBM 5.IS this okay:
Sensor current low high avg
FAN 1 : 5192, 0 :confused:, 337500 :confused: , 62759
What should be the ideal RPM?
What should be the CPU temp setting?
Its getting more confusing.
please help

imjacktoo

Thats too hot, ur heatsink and fan combo is probably not seated properly on ur CPU...

Who ever built ur computer needs to reseat this since u don't feel comfortable doing it yourself...

imjacktoo

MBM5 is detecting one fans RPM at 5192..Thats ok .. Ur ideal rpm's is what ever it takes to give u the lowest temp...since u don't have a fan control and the rpm's are controled in bios prolly..U have no control over that....

U can only control the temp to ur cpu by the voltage being suplied to the cpu or the usage(full 100% usage would be highest temp)

The MBM5 controls only when u want an alarm to go off,. u cant control ur rpm's or ur temps with that monitor....it's just a monitor

U REALLY NEED TO GET THAT TEMP UNDER CONTRL BY RESEATING THAT HEATSINK ON TOP OF UR CPU.....

Did u go to the MBM5 site to see if ur mobo is suported, them rpm's aren't right.....http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Last edited:

Vaibhav

Yes my mobo MICROSTAR INT model:6524 is in the list.then why is the rpm :confused: .for a 'normal' CPU what is the ideal RPM and what is the highest RPM.

I also noticed the voltage oscillates betwn 1.680 and 1.696.

will reseating the heatsink properly solve the prob or is it just a hunch

Computer Man5

Hey. Never heard the CPU make noise? :confused: Get a infrared temperature reader and check the temp of the cpu and the heatsink and also the CPu fan. You might want to check the bios also for any incorrect fan settings.

Good Luck :)

imjacktoo

Reseating that heatsink /fan is the only thing I can think of to bring down that 88c temp.....No amount of rpm's is going to help that.....Ur at 5192 and that is at the high end of the rpm of a fan ...I run mine around 4500rpm to keep my cpu around 45c..I also have a fan controller and my fan will run from 2500 to 6000......there is no normal or ideal rpm for a fan...

Ur voltage is fine..all my voltages run up and down just a litttle...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Praetor: If its not the CPU what could it be?
The fan?

If the increse in RPM due to over-heating is the cause of the 'noise' then why does it occur even at times when the PC is idle?
Because they dont just "not increase temps"

How do I change the avg temp setting?
Air conditioning, case fans etc

Will CPU Z tell me the name of my fan.
Nothing on the planet other than the sticker on the fan, will tell you

I not comfortable with the idea of taking apart the CPU on my own.Am lookig for the fan name in the spec. list.
You dont have to. The sticker should be readable without taking it apart.

Thats too hot, ur heatsink and fan combo is probably not seated properly on ur CPU...
What he listed was the alarm temp - NOT the current temp.

U REALLY NEED TO GET THAT TEMP UNDER CONTRL BY RESEATING THAT HEATSINK ON TOP OF UR CPU.....
NO HE DOESNT. With intel systems, if the HSF isnt properly seated it'll damn near rattle off

Reseating that heatsink /fan is the only thing I can think of to bring down that 88c temp
ITS NOT AT THAT TEMP! :p

how do I check the bios and what am I supoosed to look for?
possible remedy also would be appreciated
1. What is the CPU temp?
2. IS it a fan thats making the noise?
3. IF so, WHAT fan?

Vaibhav

Thanks for replying Praetor.

The temp i posted(88 c) is the actual temp of the cpu as shown by MBM5.
I am now cent % confirmed that its the fan making the noise.
Please also go through the RPMs posted as its quite confusing.
I will see if i can locate the sticker of the fan.

Please reply soon.

Thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Vaibhave said:
The temp I posted(88 c) is the actual temp of the cpu as shown by MBM5.
Well what you said was....
Vaibhav said:
As soon as I installed it the set off the alarm for the temp going to 88 c whereas the default was 70
Which means that the alarm temp (initialy 70), was changed to 88 :) A minor case of mis-com :)

I am now cent % confirmed that its the fan making the noise.
Please also go through the RPMs posted as its quite confusing.
I will see if I can locate the sticker of the fan.
Well the solution to that would be fairly simple :) Here's a nice quiet and cheap new HSF: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-151-114&depa=1

Vaibhav

Hye

I located the sticker on the fan.It says
Enhance Elec Co Ltd.
Model No :SFX -2015 A

I also saw a Cooler Fan on the motherboard.Is the problem due to the Cooler Fan or the fan which is visible from the back(specs above).

The link you provided which replace which of the fans?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I located the sticker on the fan.
Seems like a stock fan :)

Is the problem due to the Cooler Fan or the fan which is visible from the back(specs above).
Use your finger to stop one of them from spinning ... does it still make noise? Odds are its not the smaller fan (called the chipset/northbridge cooler)

The link you provided which replace which of the fans?
The bigger one.

Vaibhav

I tried using the HELP menu but dont know what to do.
Could you pleaseeeeeee tell me what to connect where?
MBM has about 10 fan sensors.It shows two sensors to be connected-W83697HF1 & 2.Lots of choices for voltage and temp settins also.

Vaibhav

I tried using the HELP menu but dont know what to do.
Could you pleaseeeeeee tell me what to connect where? :eek:
MBM has about 10 fan sensors.It shows two sensors to be connected-W83697HF1 & 2.Lots of choices for voltage and temp settins also.

Status
Not open for further replies.