cpu on a budget

mattsoje

Sorry if I sound like an idiot or that i have no clue what im talking about but I was wondering if i can upgrade the CPU in my computer to something faster on a budget or at least a decent price, because even when i'm playing a Sega emulator my computer sounds like its going to blow up and on the task manager it says the cpu usage is at 100%. Should I get a new computer or should i just upgrade some of the crap in it? I suck at this so some advice would be awsome.

Jamin43

banned
Sorry if I sound like an idiot or that i have no clue what im talking about but I was wondering if i can upgrade the CPU in my computer to something faster on a budget or at least a decent price, because even when i'm playing a Sega emulator my computer sounds like its going to blow up and on the task manager it says the cpu usage is at 100%. Should I get a new computer or should i just upgrade some of the crap in it? I suck at this so some advice would be awsome.

People can give you better advice if you list your current system

CPU ?
MOBO - < Motherboard >
Memory type DDR, DDR2, DDR3 - and amount 4GB - 1 GB - 2GB?
O/S < operating system >
Video card
etc

If it's a Dell or HP or e-machine - might want to list the model if you don't know what's inside.

Bodaggit23

What computer do you have right now? Brand, Model number.