CPU SUPPORT QUESTION

ferrosa

Hi Guys, Hope you guys can help.
I have an Asus H110M-R motherboard with Intel Core i5 7400 6th gen processor, 8GB ram and running windows 7.
The problem i am having is that as soon as i power the pc up it shuts down just as i want to enter Bios setting, other times it stays on for 15/20 minutes or longer. If i take the cmos battery out and switch the power supply off for an hour or longer and then reinsert battery and power up, then it will stay on for hours, even a restart or shutdown and power up is possible. I have changed power supplies, changed motherboards, taken ram out, all graphics card and hard drives out and changed cmos battery, have even changed power switch on front panel the board still does the same thing. yesterday it ran for 5 hours no problems, I shut it down last night and tonight trying to start up it just crashes again.. any idea or suggestions as to what could be the problem

I have also run the ASUS PC DIAGNOSTIC tool and no errors were reported

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did it just start happening? When was this system built? Standoffs in the correct spots? Are you running bios version 3016? What power supply are you using?

ferrosa

Machine was built in 2018, this problem just started last week,Using Bios revision 3401

It started last week, the machine was built in 2018. Using Bios revision 3401 Using 450w RADMAX power supply. Standoffs all in the correct spots

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try a different power supply. Raidmax units aren't the best. I removed the extra space.

ferrosa

As i mentioned in origional post, i did try differnt power supply, but still does the same, also tested the radmax P/S on differnt machine and works fine., what i did pick up was that my core voltage was 0.738 in the asus AI suite, but the Bios reading of core voltage is 1024, i adjusted the threshhold of the core voltage in the asus AI suite and it stopped bringing up alarms. i must add that the 0.738 reading was without a load, with a load the voltage increased to 1.1xx so that seems to be normal i think. Its just really wierd that when the cmos battery is out and power supply is off for a couple of hours and then restarting the machine is fine and everything tests fine....could this be motherboard busy deteriorating

ferrosa

Ok cool, thanks i will try get the BIOs updated, providing the machine stays on long enough to even do that.I did also try the motherbiard with just the cpu, still crashes, with the ram or with the ram it crashes, so not sure if BIOs update is gonna work, but thanks anyway for all the help