CPU Temp question + should overclock?

omglol

Hi all,

I just built my new pc today but never really got in to the details about any of my parts before..

anyways i have an e8400 cpu and the idle temp is 40degrees celcius.. (I have stock intel fan) does this seem ok?

also while gaming this temp reaches 55degrees celcius..

Can I keep everything the way it is and overclock a bit? Or should I invest in a new cpu cooling fan,

ty for help

Vizy

Those arent super dangerous temps, but they are pretty high. If u put ther ight amount of thermal compound after a couple of on-off cycles of the comp, the temps would start to drop. Dont leave ur comp on for too long, atleast turn it off at night.

Probaly shoudl wait a little for the overclock dude. I don't know about the e8400 specifically but i knw that intels are generally cooler (in temp, not style) than AMD's so thats a bit of hard part there.

dont OC yet.

Vizy

Umm no not really.

Usually with most thermal compounds, after you put a pea sized amount on the processor and then smack the heatsink on top of it, you turn on the comp right?

yes.

Ok but the first temps u get, like the ones u posted are just (usually temporary) the temps u get in the beginning. The thermal compoun will need to be heated up (the comp is on) and cooled down (the comp is off) for several days before the thermal compund can fully bond. So NO do not reaplly the paste unless u know u put too much or too less.

just go several days w/o keeping the comp on continously.

omglol

hm, ok thanks,.. i added the thermal paste originally to the bottom of the heatsink, and didn't directly apply any to the cpu (Just let the heatsink touch it) thats fine right?

anyways I will give it a few days

shenry

Also remember that the E8400's have temp sensor issues. So if your using the core temp's it could be wrong. I quick fix would be to see what your CPU temp would be.The BIOS is also accurate.

Just telling you so you know in the future. :)