CPU Upgrade

4W4K3

VIP Member
I have recently received a used Dell Inspiron 8100 from a friend. It works perfect, haven't had any probs with it yet. I want to know if there is any way i can upgrade the CPU?

It has to be compatible with the board (i815 Intel board). Right now i have a PIII-M 866MHZ Tualatin .13u processor.

I have found http://www.acmicro.com/products_detail_popup.asp?ItemCode=3089 but thats is the cheapest i can find. That seems WAY too much for such an old/obsolete core.

anyone know where else i can find one for cheaper?

KillermilleR

lol............nah jed we just kool

there are many pentium 3's out there..some goin up to 1.3 ghz and maybe more.....

just use ebay..........ur lookin for pentium3 m

and consisder more ram .......I would recomend at least 512 ram if u have xp........this will greatly increase system performance!!!!!!good lick

4W4K3

VIP Member
KillermilleR said:
lol............nah jed we just kool

there are many pentium 3's out there..some goin up to 1.3 ghz and maybe more.....

just use ebay..........ur lookin for pentium3 m

and consisder more ram .......I would recomend at least 512 ram if u have xp........this will greatly increase system performance!!!!!!good lick

already decided on getting 2*256 PC133 for it. only $80. I'll have to use my dad's ebay account if i find one...but its gotta be below $100, even that is pretty crummy deal. it's on 2KPro right now, might upgrade to XP, but don't necessarily need to/want to.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Come one guys...12 views and 0 replies??? I gave you all night lol. you people sleep too long.
Ive said it before and this is the last time i'll say it -- nobody really works here -- we answer questions on a volunteer basis -- NOT at your whim.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Ive said it before and this is the last time i'll say it -- nobody really works here -- we answer questions on a volunteer basis -- NOT at your whim.

...i didn't say you HAD to answer my question. But if i have a question, and nobody can answer it...an "i don't know" would be ok. sheesh, you act like i'm demanding an answer...all i asked for was a sign of life around these forums.