CPU usage crazy high all the time.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Try this:

-go to RUN and type "msconfig.exe" and press OK
-go to STARTUP tab and there disable everything
-click APPLY and click OK then restart the computer
-if now the CPU is normal then some of the installed drivers or other programs are causing the issue.To detect what is causing it,go to "msconfig.exe",STARTUP tab and then add check mark one by one until the CPU goes high again.Then you will know what is causing it and be able to remove it.

Cheers!

wolfeking

banned
wait for johnb35 to come and hep you. 99.999% of the time he can make you system clean of maleware very easily. Very rarely does it require a reinstall.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
wait for johnb35 to come and hep you. 99.999% of the time he can make you system clean of maleware very easily. Very rarely does it require a reinstall.

As I said prior, with the infection he had/has, its best to format and reinstall windows. It's a file infecting malware like Virut and Ramnit. The only way to fix is to reinstall windows. Do not back up any EXE files.

lemon07r

Well actually today I ran avast and had it clean all infected files found, then i ran eset online scanner and it found nothing bad so I'm clean now :D. I'll continue to check by runnin eset again tommorow and doing a boot scan with avast

Thanatos

I'm always amazed at these "help my computer is infected" threads. Makes me want to become a 'White Hat' hacker when I'm older. :)

lemon07r

I'm always amazed at these "help my computer is infected" threads. Makes me want to become a 'White Hat' hacker when I'm older. :)

o.o Im sorry you lost me. lol (just ftr ik what a white hat hacker does, just confused how these threads make you want to become one lol)

Thanatos

o.o Im sorry you lost me. lol (just ftr ik what a white hat hacker does, just confused how these threads make you want to become one lol)

I just think it's pretty awesome how john can find them like he does. And just by looking at log files.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I would never reinstall Windows because of viruses and other malware lol.
It is so damn easy to get rid of ANY viruses.At least to me lol.I am just lazy to write the ENTIRE proceedure here because not all proceedures are easy as installing some software and performing a scan lol.
Luckily for me,I know how to get rid of ANYTHING :D

This might sound shocking to some of you,but the last time I reinstalled Windows on my PC was in 2004. and the reason why I even did that was because until 2004. year I was using Windows 98 SE so I decided to install XP (finally).:D
Sure many problems happened during these 8 years,but ANY kind of problem can ALWAYS be solved if you know how.Reinstalling Windows is one of the MANY ways to solve the problem(s),but to me that is the WORST way which I just HATE!!!:D:D:D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would never reinstall Windows because of viruses and other malware lol.
It is so damn easy to get rid of ANY viruses.At least to me lol.I am just lazy to write the ENTIRE proceedure here because not all proceedures are easy as installing some software and performing a scan lol.
Luckily for me,I know how to get rid of ANYTHING :D

This might sound shocking to some of you,but the last time I reinstalled Windows on my PC was in 2004. and the reason why I even did that was because until 2004. year I was using Windows 98 SE so I decided to install XP (finally).:D
Sure many problems happened during these 8 years,but ANY kind of problem can ALWAYS be solved if you know how.Reinstalling Windows is one of the MANY ways to solve the problem(s),but to me that is the WORST way which I just HATE!!!:D:D:D

OK fancy pants..... How would go about getting rid of virut or ramnit virus? You said you can get rid of anything!!! I would like to see you try to get rid of these file infecting viruses. Don't write checks your body can't cash...

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
OK fancy pants..... How would go about getting rid of virut or ramnit virus? You said you can get rid of anything!!! I would like to see you try to get rid of these file infecting viruses. Don't write checks your body can't cash...

Ramnit viruses are crap lol.Anyway here is what I would do:

-remove the HDD from the computer
-turn on all possible virus access protections on other computer
-connect the infected HDD to the computer using the power adapter,sata cord through simple USB
-make a program in C# or C++ (or whichever language you prefer) and use FileSystemWatcher class using all it's possible properties which will track if ANY of the file(s) on the entire HDD (on healthy computer of course) change.By change I mean:

-file created
-file changed
-file opened
-file renamed
-file deleted

If any of these conditions are true,IMMEDIATELY disable the infected connected HDD and IMMEDIATELY turn off the computer.All this should take around 10 milliseconds tops.

It is very rare that any of those conditions will even happen if the access protection is good and executed before connecting the infected HDD to "healthy" system.

-perform a scan of the infected HDD in Safe more with Command Prompt while your program which uses FileSystemWatcher class tracks all changes in EVERY SINGLE file on the HDD of your healthy computer.During the scan process of the "sick" HDD if something happens like:

-file created
-file changed
-file opened
-file renamed
-file deleted (most common in 99% cases)

...then let your program to continue monitoring all files on SICK and HEALTHY HDD,but without doing anything.Reason why nothing has to be done is simply because some files have been deleted (virus data of course) from the sick HDD and that is exactly what we wanted in the first place.
However if ANYTHING like:

-file created
-file changed
-file opened
-file renamed
-file deleted

...DOES happen on HEALTHY HDD,then of course IMMEDIATELY shut down everything completely.(A simple infection prevention)...

In that case just turn on the system again and continue the scan process on the same way using also of course your program which has to be running at ALL times.

NOTE: If your program which monitors ALL data on ALL HDDs crashes (due to virus data attempts),be sure that you reprogram your program on the way that IF it crashes,it starts immediately again.

Once the scan is completed,delete ALL virus data that has been found no matter what it is (including that ramnit virus).If the found virus data cannot be deleted within Windows OS environment,then just write the locations of found virus data somewhere (text file or simple paper),then load MS-DOS OS or some Linux OS and within that environment (according to previously written virus data locations) find all the virus data and delete it manually.

NOTE: If the virus data which you are deleting are ALSO Windows OS system files,delete them anyway because later you will simply perform a REPAIR process of your Windows OS using it's CD or DVD-ROM disk to restore the missing (deleted) system files.

-return the HDD back to it's original computer and use it normally again.If neccessary like I already said,perform a repair process.

-now you can also delete your program which was monitoring all data since it's no longer needed (unless if you want to keep it for future use lol).

-Enjoy using the virus clean computer!

By the way this is just one of many many ways of how you can get rid of virus data,but unforcenately in most cases it requires knowledge about hardware,software and programming.But it's not hard lol.That is how I do it because I just HATE reinstalling everything.

PRECAUTION: Once you set everything up perfectly on your system,be sure to CLONE the entire HDD on completely other HDD so that next time if something SOOO BAD happens to you,you do not need to reinstall absolutely anything.Of course this is not possible using simple system restore or HDD cloning software.I use Linux OS for this.
And yes I do have my HDD cloned also,but I never had to use it because I will rather lose time to fix things then to simply clone everything back even though I do not need to reinstall anything since in my CLONE I have everything set up just the way I want it.
I am weird I know lol.
The only reason why I would CLONE everything back would be if it's just impossible to fix things.But nothing is impossible for me so...:D

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: