CPUID Hardware Monitor Question.

SEANYBOY5770

Hi, I am confused when I look for my CPU temperature on CPUID HWMonitor, there is one called CPUTIN and there is a section for all my cores with temperatures, but which one should I be monitoring? Here's a picture so you can see for yourself:
cpuido.png

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it :)

Attachments

• cpuid.jpg
    cpuid.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2,586

SEANYBOY5770

Well, I'm kinda confused, I cant really monitor both of them if they show different tempratures. :/
Thanks for the response anyway :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
The Core temp. is the sensor on the processor.The CPUTIN is the processor temp sensor on the motherboard.

kdfresh09

my guess is that it your true cpu temp can be found under 1 of 3 entries.
systin, cputin, or auxtin. just run intel burn test on default settings, and see which one of these three go up. odds are, after seeing which one goes up it will be about 10-15c more than what your core temps are showing. run it and let us know what you find.

linkin

VIP Member
If you're measuring the CPU temp, the core temperatures listed are more accurate, CPUTIN is more of a "fail-safe" or worst case scenario temperature.

kdfresh09

well i have been using the tmpin0 value in hw monitor for the longest. i run stress tests and it goes up, and it changes when i change my fan speed as well so i figured this is the right one. the reason why i havnt been using the core temp readings is because they didnt seem right to me, too low. and then i heard of people saying that thuban sensors are wrong. what should i be looking at for the right temps? these temps are at 85% cpu load by the way, for the past 10 hours. have been encodiding movies all day.

Capture-3.png

Last edited: