Crakling Speackers

hollis098

Hey people,

The problem i have with my computer is that now and then my speackers will crakle, and this i have figured out is when a program is about to freeze, or exit.

I have a feeling that this might be part because of my PSU, but i have no idear how that is linked to my onboard sound, but im sure someone will b able to help me.

tripleplay905

Are your speaker cables not connected to the computer or are the speaker wires damaged? May be your PSU interfering, or any other nearby electronic device.

hollis098

yeh well the thing is, that the speackers only crakle when a program is about to freeze or the computer restarts. I am sure that the speakers are fine and this happens when i go to LAN partys aswell. I was thinking that maybe using a sound card seperate to the motherboad would fix it up.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Yeah, sounds like this could either be a power issue, or just a communication error on the part of the sound card. What sound card do you have?

hollis098

well at the moment i dont have a sound card, im just using onboard sound. My motherboard is a nVidia nForce2 400, and i was thinking the getting a sound card and using that instead of onboard sound would fix the problem.

P.S Im still learning how to spell speakers

Last edited: