Crap.

The VCR King

(Issue fixed, topic can be locked. See my last post.)

I was erasing a re-writable CD earlier and my computer froze during doing it so I used the emergency eject hole and now every time I go to erase/burn a CD I get a failure message with this drive. I really don't want to spend $60 on another Blu-Ray drive!!!

And no matter what CD/DVD/Disc I put into it it is recognized as a Blank Disc.

Last edited:

The VCR King

Yep. And the issue is still there. I have an older Memorex USB CD burner (which is pretty much a desktop drive in an enclosure) that I am using for now, but again, it is only for CDs, not DVDs.

I have tried everything to get this disc drive to work but my attempts have failed. I might have to get the Beast in to "surgery" for a replacement. :(
I have reinstalled firmware, reinstalled the DRIVE itself, rebooted the PC, checked wiring and everything else but my BD-ROM drive is still acting dumb.

If I do have to get a replacement drive though, I will probably get a Blu-Ray burner instead of a read-only.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Does it show up in device manager? If so, click on the drop down. Right click on the drive itself and pick uninstall. Reboot, let it reinstall the drive and see if it works.

The VCR King

It shows up in device manager and yes I have tried this. I'm pretty sure the drive is done for.

I just did a few test burns and the drive is working perfectly again. This topic can be closed. Thanks for all of your help.

I just put a few of the discs that "failed" to burn yesterday and all the burned data was there and complete. Apparently the Beast was just deciding to be stupid.

Forum admins/moderators, you can lock this now.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It shows up in device manager and yes I have tried this. I'm pretty sure the drive is done for.

I just did a few test burns and the drive is working perfectly again. This topic can be closed. Thanks for all of your help.

I just put a few of the discs that "failed" to burn yesterday and all the burned data was there and complete. Apparently the Beast was just deciding to be stupid.

Forum admins/moderators, you can lock this now.

We don't close/lock threads unless its against rules or it attracts spam.