Crashing! Eek!

double-dragon

Recently I upgraded my PC to a Radeon X1900XT 512.

I have been experiencing a full PC crash whenever I play GuildWars. I read a couple of forums and it seems this could be a driver problem.

Any suggestions/remedies?

Thanks v.much for any help.

Kornowski

VIP Member
You may not of removed the old drivers from your previous card. I would try using Driver Cleaner 3, I used it when I had a similair problem and it fixed it, :)

EDIT: I would suggest un-installing all your ATI drivers by using the add and remove programs, running the driver cleaner to remove ALL ATI drivers and then installing the new drivers again.

double-dragon

Ok. I found out I didn't have any version of MS .Net Framework installed so I installed version 3.0.

This worked fine.

I still have this error message when I boot into windows, though...

startuperrorpe3.png

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've heard of that .MOM somewhere, I think it's a virus, I'd do some research on it, Sorry I couldn't help with the Video Card problem.

StrangleHold

Staff member
This is what ATI says
Symptoms:
mom.implementation or CCC.implementation appear after installing Catalyst 7.2

Solution:
Currently there is no solution.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. Any updates will be published when they become available.
Customers who are experiencing this issue are advised to install Catalyst 7.1 for now

double-dragon

Bumping this thread.

I still experience crashing after about 5 minutes of playing GuildWars. I sucessfully installed the 7.2 drivers without any errors.

/annoyed

Any help?

Here's my full setup.
athlon64 3200+
asus A8n-SLI premium
x1900xt sapphire radeon 512mb
dual maxtor 80gb hdd
1gb kingston ram pc3200

I noticed my gfx power cable does not entirely fit into the power socket. It works (or else I wouldn't be able to boot up) but could this cause any problems.

Overheating, maybe...I don't overclock.

Gah! Need solutions :s

Last edited:

double-dragon

I bought a cheap power cable off ebay because my PSU doesnt have the right one on it (6-pin square-shaped). It doesn't push in all the way and fit snug like all the other power cables do.

Tayl

VIP Member
If you're still having problems with your card why not try the Omega drivers for ATi cards? http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php Driver link for Winxp OS: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Supposably they also give you higher FPS however I use them at the moment and haven't noticed any difference. Seem sufficient drivers though.

Just out of curiosity, what are your temps on your graphics card immediately after a crash? And for the rest of your machine for that matter. Also, give memtest a run on your machine to make sure there are no faults with data transfer to and from your memory. I had a similar problem and it ended up being hardware at fault, more precisely my RAM. What PSU are you using with that machine?

Last edited:

elitehacker

What do you mean? Your graphics card have a six pin power connector right? Don't you have a PCI-E power connector? The six pinned connector is not the same as the normal molex connectors used to power your optical drives and hdds. I would NEVER run my card without the external power connected.

Tayl

VIP Member
I'm guessing he means he has the right connector it just doesn't seat within the socket as comfortably as he would like it too or as it's supposed too. However some can be quite stubborn, you just have to put a little pressure on it.

Tayl

VIP Member
I find that it's not normally the connectors from the PSU themselves, but the one individual socket located on your graphics card that's the stubborn one regardless of which connector you use.

Styrak

I bought a cheap power cable off ebay because my PSU doesnt have the right one on it (6-pin square-shaped). It doesn't push in all the way and fit snug like all the other power cables do.

So....your power supply doesn't support your video card....that might be your problem right there.