Creating an audio cd with video tracks

Redbull{wings}

Just wondering if it is possible to create an audio cd that has a hidden video track at the end?

In other words the cd will play fine in any cd player but if the user either puts it in a computer or dvd player the video will also play.

Thanks for your help!:)

bkribbs

Just wondering if it is possible to create an audio cd that has a hidden video track at the end?

In other words the cd will play fine in any cd player but if the user either puts it in a computer or dvd player the video will also play.

Thanks for your help!:)

Could you put a video file on their and just hide it? I would try it if I had a blank CD laying around.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Not necessarily, there are different terminologies for it; but basically what you're looking for is to burn the disc as a "multi-session" disc. The biggest problem with this is that if you do this it doesn't finish the index on the disc and may not work with some CD or DVD decks... Although, if you were to put a video file on to an audio disc, the decks would be able to tell there's a file there but wouldn't be able to read it.

Just to reiterate though, I'm pretty sure with a lot of the older decks especially, you need to finish or close the index in order for it to be read properly; although you can put it in a computer just fine.