creating cool backgrounds for webpages

blonde_seashell

I have the program Paint. I really want to create marbled backgrounds for my web design help site, but I don't know how. Everybody talks about this thing called Paint Shop Pro. How do you get it? How is it different from Paint?

extendcradle

when creating or editing image specially for web,I'm using photoshop. It will do many things to your image or even special effects. Although,quite expensive.

SonnieP

I use PSP 8... bought it off e-bay for about $30 or so. Very easy to learn and use. I've created some interesting textures in the past with it. Adobe Photoshop is similar and very good, however very expensive unless you can find an older version on e-bay... still the last I found on e-bay was still fairly expensive.

You may find some marble images online that you like (do a search for "background images") just right click on the image, save to disk, and insert it into your webpage as the background image.

Underground_Evo

I us Photoshop ALL the time, any imaging i do is in PS and and has been for a while now. It's not too hard to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.(most things) I have heard PSP is easier for beginners, but never tried it- It came pre-installed on my comp, but never tried it lol

SonnieP

IMO... yes... PSP is a little easier to learn than PS. That may not be true for everyone though.

SonnieP

Oh yeah... it's loaded with features... so many I've never had time to try them all. That I can remember (this was back with PSP7 and PS6), PSP7 could do about anything that PS6 could do. I'm not sure about PS9 vs. PSP9. I just bought the PSP8 because it was a year older version and cost a lot less on the aftermarket. I think PS, even the older versions, are still pricey on the aftermarket, unless you find maybe a used copy somewhere.

flame1117

banned
I think Photo shop is better then paint shop pro, but more expensive and harder to learn, and paint shop pro is eaier and less expensive, but still quite good.

computerhakk

VIP Member
yes the easiest way is to do a search on "marble backgrounds" in search engines like google and yahoo. However, there are practically pretty good FREE programs out there that you can use for image editing because im sure you wouldn't want to buy a program just for that one background and never use it again. do a search at www.download.com for image editing programs or look in their directory they have. but if you want the best and money isn't an issue.. i personally recommend Adobe Photoshop CS 2. Corel is also good also. i have Paint Shop Pro, but i rarely use it.

my image on the left was created with Photoshop CS2 in like a minute.. it isn't that hard to learn. GL

Xelogen

PSP is great for beginners but it could never match Photoshop for its features. Ive been using Photoshop for years now (and learning new things everyday) and i still only know a fraction of what i could. PHOTOSHOP RULES

thebeave

If you don't want to make the investment right away, just go to download.com and type in paint or something. Right now I have something called Saint Paint that has a 60 day trial and it has a lot of the features that PSP has. But PSP is definately worth the investment, I'm just cheap.

flame1117

banned
Borrow a CD from someone who had PS and injstall it, then you can user it as a trail for 30 days without the activation key(just put it somehting rnaom, and it will say its wonrg and you have 30 days to correct it) this at least works with the CS one the new like element one or whatever.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Xelogen said:
PSP is great for beginners but it could never match Photoshop for its features. Ive been using Photoshop for years now (and learning new things everyday) and i still only know a fraction of what i could. PHOTOSHOP RULES
agreed.. i been using it years now ever since 6.0.. been with it ever since.. and so far i dont even know half of what i can do.. all i know is rendering and layer options.. which is basically all i need..