Creative releases new X-Fi model

Archangel

VIP Member
29-102-005-02.JPG

sorry if its a stupid question.. but whats the flat connector for? ( you know.. the bigger VGA connector. Yea... i gues its an audio output (yes,.. i really do :p ) but whats it called, and on what device can i find a input for it?

Geoff

VIP Member
29-102-005-02.JPG

sorry if its a stupid question.. but whats the flat connector for? ( you know.. the bigger VGA connector. Yea... i gues its an audio output (yes,.. i really do :p ) but whats it called, and on what device can i find a input for it?

Actually I think its the output that the X-Fi Elite uses to connect it's external box.

Saurian

^+2 points

It's the output to the breakout box I would assume. The pins on the very back look like they are what you could hook up to a 5.25" bay on later models, too. :)

It's crazy...sound cards needing heatsinks now..

Geoff

VIP Member
It's crazy...sound cards needing heatsinks now..
It's weird, the first year or so after release none of them had heatsinks. I bought one when it first came out (no heatsink), and I didnt run into any problems. But I guess some people ran games 24/7 and it overheated or something... either that ot Creative just wanted to make them look cool :p