CREATIVE T6160 config issues

Alphatronix

Ok, i bought the creative inspire t6160 and set it up like i do with all my sound stuff. black jack into black and so on. i use realtek high definition audio software where i can configure every sound jack when i plug in it.

PROBLEM:

Left speaker, right speaker, center speaker, sound woofer, left back speaker all work fine.

BUT

the right back speaker doesnt work. I sub woofer plays for that channel. I dont know why. If i plug out the right back speaker, everything works fine, but when its plugged in, the music coughs up.

both left and right back speakers go into the same channel, yet the right one fails. Is this a hardware issue???

PS..

I dont use a sound card. Just my generic motherboard. GIGABYTE P55M.
To me it sounds like the sub woofer got dmagaed during transport and a channel inside cracked.,

Last edited:

AcetheGamer

Go look at your realtek audio manager located on your control panel and see if everything is assigned to their proper places. I got the same issue setting up a creative sbs 500 on a friend's intel mobo based rig. All I did was replug the connectors and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Alphatronix

HAHA, i have sat for hours at that screen assigning and re assigning. no matter how i assign them, when ever i play the right back speaker, my sub woofer plays with static WITH the speaker. Like they are on the same channel.